Growing up after the 1979 Iranian Revolution and during the dark ages of the Iran-Iraq war had a huge impact on Labkhand Olfatmanesh. As a result, the teenaged Labkhand turned to art as a refuge to express her feelings and frustrations. She carried this talent into university, studying Graphic design and telling intimate stories through close-ups in what would eventually become a series of photo essays. However, her approach to photography was not favored among her classically trained teachers, so they pushed Labkhand's obvious talent into a more traditional direction, encouraging her to become a photojournalist. Once Labkhand completed art school, she began to follow her passion again, expressing her deepest, most personal, womanly emotions through her photo essays and expanding her talent with the creation of unique masks. .
1. 1996 Group exhibition in The Keyhan Gallery in Tehran/ Iran.
2. 1999 Solo exhibition in The BARG art Gallery in Tehran/Iran
3. 1999 Group exhibition in The Embassy of Mexico in Tehran.
4. 1999 Group exhibition in The Mansoure Husseini Art gallery in Tehran/Iran
5. 1999 Second Annual World Contemporary in L.A California USA
6. 2001 Solo exhibition in The BARG art Gallery in Tehran/Iran
7. 2001 Group annual drawing exhibition The BARG Art Gallery in Tehran/Iran.
8. 2004 Group exhibition in The Ataturk Culture in NICOSIA/CYPRUS.
9. 2003 Group Exhibition private show Curator Afshin Pirhashemi, Tehran/ Iran.
10. 10. 2017 LOS ANGELES — The Craft & Folk Art Museum (CAFAM) and Farhang Foundation presents Focus Iran 2: Contemporary Photography and Video,
11. 2017 Focus Iran 2: Contemporary photography and Video at UC Irvine, CA
12. 2018 Through Pro'jekt LA, MOPLA's very own projection series, photography will be projected on walls and outdoor spaces in Los Angeles.
13. 2018 Group exhibition in Tokyo on at the ICA Gallery in Tokyo (Tifa awards winners show)
15. 2018 Exhibition Los Angels center of photography Annual fine art photography.
9. I awarded a winning placement (silver award) in the 2017 Tokyo International Foto Awards, portrait category (Metaphysical Resistant).
10.Selected finalist and The Jurors' Picks of the LensCulture Portrait Awards 2018 by Rebecca Morse Curator Wallis Annenberg Photography Department, LACMA, received grant award.
List of the jurors lens culture portrait 2018 awards:
Wallis Annenberg Photography Department, LACMA
Los Angeles, United States
Deputy Photo Editor
New York City, United States
Senior Photo Editor
The New Yorker
New York City, United States
Co-Founder and Artistic Director
Voies Off Festival
Deputy Editor-in-Chief and Photo Editor
11.Top Prizewinner for “Expanding Boundaries” Third Annual “Fine Art” exhibition Los Angeles Center of Photography. I am honored to have Scott B. Davis from San Diego, CA, as this year’s juror.
Projects and Article
52 min Documentary by Adam Sabire Oct (2005) From Australia, Echoes across the divide Sponsored by SBS Orchestra, United Nation and High commission in Cyprus and special screening day United Nation HQ, NYC Nov (2007) -Long Distance Call, Bi communal and peace project and by Merlijn Twaalfhoven from Nederland Oct (2005)
1. B.A Graphic Design Azad University Tehran/Iran 1998
2. Professional Master course Fashion Marketing and Merchandising GAU Cyprus 2003
3. Master Course of Studio photography, London TV and filmmaking
Academy of London 2005
Nation and High commission in Cyprus and special screening day United